Top Reasons Why You Should Be Using Direct-Mail Postcards
are a very powerful marketing tool that all businesses should be using. Their powerful charm has been rediscovered because it delivers results.
Postcards are very simple and cost efficient. You can create a postcard campaign with very little money invested. The print cost is very reasonable and inexpensive as well. They can be printed for as little as $60 to $80 on average for an order of 500 (this is just an average as it depends where you live and where you get them from).
In addition to being cost efficient, postcards can also do the following for you:
- Consumers that receive them, read them. No need to be opening envelopes.
- The message that needs to be sent is simple, sweet, and to the point.
- Postcards can be used for multiple purposes: announcement of website launch, coupons, announcement of a new product or service, discounts, reminders, and so much more.
- It encourages consumers to take quick action.
- Effectiveness can be measured. How many were sent and how many inquiries did you receive?
- Because of their size, they stand out from all the other mail.
Start using direct-mail postcards to begin to get more leads. Remember that when you start sending postcards, you need to keep it consistent. Some consumers will not respond the first time, but will probably do so on the second or third time you send them.
When you are ready to start using this charm of a marketing tool, make sure to hire a professional that will help you design it. First impressions are very important. Just a few weeks ago, I received a postcard from an accountant offering me her services. It was not an attractive postcard that caught my attention. It caught my attention in a wrong way because it was poorly designed – it was blurry, it had so much information, and frankly, it was all over the place. I placed it aside to discard it later. Avoid this grave mistake of sending a poor product to potential customers.